A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Ever wanted to play FTL with your friends, as a team, in a coop multiplayer run?
Well basically Tachyon is a multiplayer version of FTL.
But with it's own engine, logic, mechanics and of course some additional features - like being able to leave your ship for example.
Also the game is made to be quite a bit mod-able, so you can create your own multiplayer adventures.
You can host your own local server for a private coop game with your friends. Or you can host an MMO server to roam around hundreds of thousands of sectors with other space pilots.
Tachyon is currently a WIP, so the amount of content is going to grow.
But at the same time all releases are very stable and contain minimal amount of bugs.
Version a0.8.21 - Release notes:
- Added ip info to the server console /online command
- Music files in the playlist.dat now can be marked to have a parallel transition between ambient and battle (like in FTL)
- New door sounds for energy doors - (Thanks Arilou Lalee'lay)
- In dialogues you can now have a player type in their reply.
Example: <reply id="T3" text="[INPUT]Input your name." regex="^[a-zA-Z0-9 -]+$" next="Test125"/>
- In the modify ship event remove_system_type and remove_system_model now completely remove the system from the ship.
In order to simply uninstall a ships system into it's cargo hold you can now use uninstall_system_type and uninstall_system_model
- If npc's dialogue message starts with [SKIP] then it won't be shown in the dialogue lines.
- If a dialogue reply text ends with [AUTO] then that dialogue reply will be selected automatically.
- Unable to move while in HS on-board ai ship.
- Ejecting a specific system type from cargo via modify ship event was ejecting everything.
- Door control/shields/sensors and other system screens were broken in non default resolution.
- Slaver ships were not fighting back
- You can no longer hack a broken system
By default the game pack contains events configured to create a coop story mode universe. But several modders are working on an MMO mod. You can get more details on this on our Discord channel.
Currently a Steam version of the game is being developed with it's own and better assets and more features.
Anyone who donates >=5$ will get a free Steam key for the game once it's out. It will be sent to the E-mail address that is linked to the donation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version a0.8.21 is outJan 08, 2019
- Version a0.8.20 is outDec 28, 2018
- a0.8.19 is outSep 10, 2018
- Working on the steam versionAug 02, 2018
- Version a0.8.18 is outApr 24, 2018
- Version a0.8.17 is outMar 29, 2018
- Version a0.8.16 is outMar 15, 2018
- a0.8.15 is outMar 11, 2018