A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Ever wanted to play FTL with your friends, as a team, in a coop multiplayer run?
Well basically Tachyon is a multiplayer version of FTL.
But with it's own engine, logic, mechanics and of course some additional features - like being able to leave your ship for example.
Also the game is made to be quite a bit mod-able, so you can create your own multiplayer adventures.
You can host your own local server for a private coop game with your friends. Or you can host an MMO server to roam around hundreds of thousands of sectors with other space pilots.
Tachyon is currently a WIP, so the amount of content is going to grow.
But at the same time all releases are very stable and contain minimal amount of bugs.
Version a0.8.19 - Release notes:
This release is made mostly by modders requests, while I'm working on the steam version of the game.
- World gen events are now sorted by name before execution
- Added possibility for conditions related to projectile events to be based on both the target and shooter ship at the same time.
Ex. If target ship is missing 5+ hull, and origin ship has 1+ drone, trigger event
<!-- Check_target_ship and check_shootership are used only by events -->
<!-- that are triggered by ship projectiles on hit. -->
<!-- Available in all SHIP... events. --> <condition_param check_target_ship="1">
</condition_param> <condition_param check_shooter_ship="1">
</condition_param> <condition_param system_type="SHIELDS">
</condition_param> <condition_param qty="1"></condition_param>
- Added possibility to jettison items from ship's cargo via events.
(ex. If npc ship accidentally picks up cargo, spit it back out)
In the MODIFY_SHIP event:
- Added possibility to remove specific instances of ship ai instead of all of the same type.
Ex. remove one event_trigger without removing the other event_trigger.
When adding an AI give it some id:
Then in the modify ship event use:
- Modify ship event
No longer requires the ship to have a functioning Hyper drive
- In the SERVER_VARIABLE_PRESENT/ABSENT condition - added a new parameter.
- Added [MOB_POS] and [SHIP_POS] placeholders that can be used in events and conditions.
- Added [PROJ_POS] placeholder that can be used in events and conditions tied to projectile hit events.
- In the Spawn ship and Spawn NPC events the pos parameter can now have a reference to a variable, including the mentioned above.
(Previously it was expecting a strict XX:YY value)
- In the ship editor you can now press C to see the cell coordinates
- In the MODIFY_SHIP_EVENT added a new parameter:
If set to 1, then it passes only the ships that were modified in the current event to all chain events.
- Changed the core event files to not use a hard-coded ship name Falcon.
Now it uses the name that is set in the VAR(PLAYER_SHIP_NAME) variable.
This allows the modders to make own player ships.
- LEVEL_LOADER AI - was broken
- NPC_EVENT_TRIGER AI - was broken
- SCAVENGER AI - was broken
- SHIP_CARGO_PRESENT/ABSENT condition - was broken
- SECTOR_SHIPS_PRESENT condition - crew parameter was ignored.
- Hacking page - buttons alignment on higher resolutions - was broken
By default the game pack contains events configured to create a coop story mode universe. But several modders are already working on an MMO mod. You can get more details on this on our Discord channel.
Also a new story mode is being developed. It will contain a lot more different random events.
Currently the game is being redesigned to have it's own and better sprites.
Anyone who donates >=5$ will get a free copy of the game once it's out. It will be sent to the E-mail address that is linked to the donation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- a0.8.19 is out42 days ago
- Working on the steam version81 days ago
- Version a0.8.18 is outApr 24, 2018
- Version a0.8.17 is outMar 29, 2018
- Version a0.8.16 is outMar 15, 2018
- a0.8.15 is outMar 11, 2018
- a0.8.14Mar 03, 2018
- a0.8.12 is brokenFeb 04, 2018