A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Ever wanted to play FTL with your friends, as a team, in a coop multiplayer run?
Well basically Tachyon is a multiplayer version of FTL.
But with it's own engine, logic, mechanics and of course some additional features - like being able to leave your ship for example.
Also the game is made to be quite a bit mod-able, so you can create your own multiplayer adventures.
You can host your own local server for a private coop game with your friends. Or you can host an MMO server to roam around hundreds of thousands of sectors with other space pilots.
Tachyon is currently a WIP, so the amount of content is going to grow.
But at the same time all releases are very stable and contain minimal amount of bugs.
Version(a0.8.31) is out.
Windows and Linux versions now have a bundled java inside the pack, so you don't have to install it. Mac users can download any version, but will have to install JAVA of version <= 14.
- After beating the main story, a new threat will appear, and game will transform into an open world MMO like thing, where you have to defend the Main player hub from periodical attacks of the new alien race. And you have to find the main base of the bad guys to beat them.
- Player station construction.(Aliens will be attacking player stations)
- Star gate construction.
- Defense platform construction and management.
- You can now buy ships in shops.
- Automated mining(with the use of defense platforms and special mining weapons).
- Space whales and whale hunters.
- Added different mob handheld weapons that you can buy from NPC traders.
- After dying you have 50% chance of loosing your handgun and reverting to the one that is default for your race.
- After dying you get affected by cloning sickness which lowers your repairing and fighting skills for a period of time.
- Races are now modable.
- Handguns are modable.
- A bunch of new parameters for events and conditions. (all added to the example.xml2)
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
You can get more details on this on our Discord channel.
Anyone who donates >=5$ will get a free Steam key for the game once it's out. It will be sent to the E-mail address that is linked to the donation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version a0.8.31 is outNov 27, 2021
- Version a0.8.30 is outNov 21, 2021
- Community edition versionApr 17, 2020
- Version a0.8.21 is outJan 08, 2019
- Version a0.8.20 is outDec 28, 2018
- a0.8.19 is outSep 10, 2018
- Working on the steam versionAug 02, 2018
- Version a0.8.18 is outApr 24, 2018